I got this CBR for a very reasonable price from some friends in Baltimore. An associate of theirs had too much fun and too little understanding and overtightened the chain on a group ride. Result: shredded primary cover and waterpump, as well as a complete loss of oil while running.

I probably should've/could've torn it down first to take stock, but I got a bit trigger happy on eBay and got myself a low mileage bottom end and what I thought was a complete top end, planning to do a swap.

Well -- these things never go to plan, it's been a while, I and the bike have moved to NYC, I set up a workbench, the engine stand and bracket is almost complete, and we're digging in. So far, I'm missing cams and a waterpump. The rest remains to be sorted. Follow my progress.